Saturday, August 21, 2010

Surgery for Tan

Friday, Aug, 20, Tanner had his Tonsillectomy and an Adendoidectomy! He has been super sad, which is TOTALLY not Tanner and aggressive! It is so sad to watch my little guy this unhappy! I wish I could snap my fingers and make it all better!

The surgery itself was pretty fast but waking up seem to take a while! The first time he woke up he was a bit confused as to what was going on and what had happened, he just cried! He wanted nothing but, "Momma to hold him" so I did! We moved him and everything he was attached to to a hospital chair so that I could hold him! He was such a trooper and even politely asked the nurse for a throw up bucket, "May I please have that thing (pointing to a throw up bucket), I think I need to throw up." In fact I think he even asked that before he asked for me to hold him! So we settled in a chair and it seemed like HOURS but wasn't much longer than 30mins when he woke up a second time and was MUCH better and aware of what was going on! He ate a Popsicle than asked if he could go home! We got there around 6:45am and left sometime around 11am!

Not that this is ANY surprise to anyone but he turned on his charm even when he couldn't talk! The nurses just fell in love with my little man! They kept telling him he was the best patient EVER and he still remembers that! He loved them too! They took such great care of him and us!

As for today the meds are making him a crazy kid! I am going to try and take him off the pain meds tomorrow and hopefully that will change his mood for us! He is basically getting to eat WHATEVER he wants which has amounted to eggs and ice-cream and snowballs! I also got him Oreo cakes, which Oreos are his fav. cookie so he was excited to see that-- excited without a smile if you can image that!

Poor guy he has had such a rough few days! Thanks to Mr. Lowell for his first Ukulele lesson last week it has kept him entertained and us as well! I'm hoping to attach a song to either this blog or my site that he made up! We have also had Grammy and Pipaw, who watched Coley Thursday night and brought him Friday afternoon for some entertainment! Along with the coloring books she brought him! Grandma and Pop Pop stayed Friday night and tonight to help with everything and brought Tanner (and Coley) some balloons and a car to play with! Hopefully in the next few days things start looking up!

No comments:


Tanner hugs Baby Cole!

Tanner hugs Baby Cole!