Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What was I thinking?

What was I thinking?? That I could actually come back at another time and tell you what I have been up to? HA! The Ward house is super busy around here lately and writting a blog every night or even every few days is simply out of the question! But since everyone is napping right now heres a few things...

As for me I have started my new journey as a preschool teacher! Yup thats right! I am SUPER DUPER, can you tell Tanner is almost 4?--Super Duper is just a common phrase in our house,- ok so I cant even write about myself with out saying something about one of my kids! HA! Anyhow, I am SUPER DUPER blessed because not only do I have an awesome job working with young kids and teaching them about God, but I am only a classroom away from Tanner and a halway away from Cole! Does it get any better??

I have had a hard time adjusting to this having a job deal! I really did like my SAHM title! I was one of the few proud Moms to say, "I stay at home with my kids." To me, I was there to shape my children, I was there to see their first step, or hear their first word, not have some day care tell me what they did that day! I am proud and excited to get to fix my family a meal or to clean up after them. No its not a perfect world but this last year has made me realize and not take for granted the things I CAN do for my family. I have appriciated things like vacumig, cleaning toliets and odd nasty jobs no one WANTS to do. This past year I watched, listend and saw 3 very beautiful, young mothers suffer and pass away from cancer (all passed in the same weekend). I was there to hear the stories of not being able to get out of bed to cook dinner, or having friends come over to clean because they couldnt. I vowed never again to take those things for granted. Again, I am so very blessed to be healthly and capable of doing these things. (Even if I dont like or want to).

**My MOST fav job in the world is last week I woke up EXTRA early so that I could fix us all lunch for the day! I got to pack Bran a lunch (he was taking his test in Houston), Tanner, Cole and myself! It was a GREAT feeling. Brans response to me while I was doing this was. "Youve been waitting your whole life to do this havent you?" Of course I tried to play it off, "EUG, no I am so tired, I want to go back to bed." Then I couldnt help myself, "OK YEA I HAVE" with a HUGE grin!

I am blessed because I dont HAVE to work, I have choosen to work. I work in a place where as a co-worker would say, is "happy"! (I love her) Even though I am still so unsure of what I am doing there I feel like I was placed there for a reason. I am excited to meet some of my kids tomorrow. I think this will change everything. It will be much clearer to me as to why I am there. The PeeWee ministry at our chruch is one of the reasons why I got to where I am. The people there AMAZE me! I hope that one day one of my children that I have this year (and the years to follow) can look back and say the same. I dont see my "job" as much of a "job" DONT get me wrong I am sure shaping the minds of these 2-3year olds will be challenging and I will have days I will want to call it a job but on the flip side I will doing things I LOVE to do! I love crafting, I L-O-V-E messy hands, mostly though I love seeing little minds learn about Jesus and what he did for us. I get to see if first hand with all 12 of my special PeeWees! My hope is that at the end of the year my kids and their parents have come to Christ if they havent already and that they apprciate all of the things we have taught them! My prayer is that I can teach them not only the basic preschool stuff but also to be Christ like and to Glorify God in everything they do.

Tanner is who he is because of his teachers last year! They were "happy" HA! :) The three best teachers ANY parent could ask for! I cant even find the words to describe them! Great! Wonderful! Beatiful (inside and out)! I am excited to see the new things he will learn this year! Being there I have already met his new teachers and I love them too! I hope my parents walk away feeling the same way.

WOW that was a long blog, I need to learn to keep these things shorter! Hopefully I didnt bore you too much!

No comments:


Tanner hugs Baby Cole!

Tanner hugs Baby Cole!