Monday, June 6, 2011

Missing friends

A few weeks ago a 2 year anniversary passed for me. An anniversary I wont ever forgot, a weekend that will always be imprinted in my heart.  Three friends passed away within days of each other from some form of cancer!

One I honestly didn't know well, she was a family friend on my husbands side. Her mother hemmed my wedding dress, helped with food at our wedding but I had only meet her maybe twice. My heart aches often for her Mom, her husband and mostly her son.

Lisa, oh sweet Lisa. I didn't know her long, I meet her through my Bible Study group. I still remember the first day I met her. My mind immediately focused on the bandages, her thinning hair and her amazing smile! I knew she was sick but at the time wasn't really sure from what. As I begin to get to know her I saw how strong she was, what a fighter she was and her love for Christ! I joined in around her during a prayer circle with 20 or so of her closest friends; It was one of the most beautiful moments I have EVER experienced!  I will always remember that smile.

I saved Tanya for last because it hurts the most. I wasn't the friend I should have been. I didn't do the things a friend should have done, I didn't hug her often enough, I didn't let her know I loved her. She never knew I admired her or that I thought she was awesome.  When we found out she had cancer she was in the hospital but was getting released.  We promised to go visit her  after she settled back in... we never made it there. When we talked to them about a week later she had already passed. It was the worst feeling I had ever felt. I heard stories of how she preached until she took her last breath! She spoke of Jesus and all His glory her last few days! I miss her quirkiness, I miss her smile, I miss her freckles.  I miss her.

No comments:


Tanner hugs Baby Cole!

Tanner hugs Baby Cole!